- The Company reached total revenues of $1,867,000 in 2018, representing a 83% growth from previous year. Also, in 2018 the Company reached a gross profit margin of 73% (unaudited).
- Secured distribution in some of the biggest retailers in the World like Walgreens, Walmart, Target, and HEB in thousands of stores on a national level in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- Notable investors include: Wisconsin Investment Partners, CSA Partners, Arenberg, and Foley Ventures.
- On the direct to consumer channel, the Company had a 381% growth in 2018 vs 2017, representing 21% of total revenues vs. only 8% generated in 2017(unaudited). Following the growth on this channel, the Company launched a new subscription model aiming to bring in additional monthly recurring revenues.
- The total buying power of the U.S. Hispanic population was at $1.539 trillion in 2018 and this number is expected to grow nearly $400 billion more by 2023.
- Total Amount Raised: US $1,142,260
- Total Round Size: US $4,000,000
- Series A :
- Minimum Investment: US $10,000 per investor
- : Preferred Equity
- US $10,000,000 :
There is a lack of health and beauty products that specifically address the needs of the underserved Hispanic market. There are mass Hispanic brands, but they lack natural products and aspirational brands. Major CPG brands targeting Hispanics lack authenticity, relying heavily on marketing wrapped around an existing, general market product and translating whatever they have in English into Spanish. Hispanic consumers are the fastest-growing population in the US and the fastest-growing consumer segment online.
Carson Life is uniquely situated to solve this problem through its use of branded products that address the specific needs of the growing and ever-demanding Hispanic population. There are real opportunities to provide products for Hispanics, by Hispanics, in the health and beauty vertical.
Made for Hispanics by Hispanics. This is Carson Life.
Carson Life is a health and beauty products company focused on the Hispanic market. Carson Life’s products include offerings in the hair care, weight loss, skin care, vitamins and rejuvenation categories. Carson Life has exclusive endorsement deals with well-known celebrities in the Hispanic market. Carson Life products are currently sold online and through some of the biggest retailers in US and Puerto Rico retailers such as Walmart, Walgreens, HEB and Target, and coming in Q4 2019 we will expand to CVS.
Hispanic purchasing power has increased at a compound annual growth rate of 7.5%, more than twice as fast as the 2.8% growth rate of total US purchasing power. Hispanics represent $1.5 trillion in buying power in the US and overall are the fastest-growing population and consumer segment online. By 2019, Hispanics account for 11% of total buying power.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you complete your investment on SeedInvest, your money will be transferred to an escrow account where an independent escrow agent will watch over your investment until it is accepted by Carson Life. Once Carson Life accepts your investment, and certain regulatory procedures are completed, your money will be transferred from the escrow account to Carson Life in exchange for your securities. At that point, you will be a proud owner in Carson Life.
Preferred equity is usually issued to outside investors and carries rights and conditions that are different from that of common stock. For example, preferred equity may include rights that prevent or minimize the effects of dilution or grants special privileges in situations when the company is sold.
A convertible note is a unique form of debt that converts into equity, usually in conjunction with a future financing round. The investor effectively loans money to a startup with the expectation that they will receive equity in the company in the future at a discounted price per share when the company raises its next round of financing.
To learn more about startup investment types check out “How to Choose a Startup Investment” in our academy.
To make an investment, you will need the following information readily available:
- Personal information such as your current address and phone number
- Employment and employer information
- Net worth and income information
- Social Security Number or passport
- ABA bank routing number and checking account number (typically found on a personal check or bank statement)
Because Carson Life is offering its securities under Rule 506(c) of Regulation D, your status as an Accredited Investor will also need to be verified and you will be asked to provide documentation supporting your income, net worth, revenue, or net assets or a letter from a qualified advisor such as a Registered Investment Advisor, Registered Broker Dealer, Lawyer, or CPA.
Until a closing occurs, you may cancel your investment at any time, for any reason. You will receive an email when the closing occurs and your securities have been issued. If you have already funded your investment and your funds are in escrow, your funds will be promptly refunded to you upon cancellation. To cancel your investment, please go to your portfolio page by clicking your profile icon in the top right corner.
Currently there is no market or liquidity for these securities. Right now Carson Life does not plan to list these securities on a national exchange or another secondary market. At some point Carson Life may choose to do so, but until then you should plan to hold your investment for a significant period of time before a “liquidation event” occurs. A “liquidation event” is when Carson Life either lists their securities on an exchange, is acquired, or goes bankrupt.
You can return to SeedInvest at any time to view your portfolio of investments and obtain a summary statement.
This is Carson Life's fundraising profile page, where you can find information that may be helpful for you to make an investment decision in their company. The information on this page includes the company overview, team bios, and the risks and disclosures related to this investment opportunity.
This investment is highly speculative and should not be made by anyone who cannot afford to risk the entire investment amount. In addition to these risks, you should carefully consider the specific information and risks disclosed in Carson Life’s profile.