- $1.9M in 2019 revenue, with over $1M attributable to recurring revenue (unaudited)
- 48 corporate clients including companies such as KKR, Blackstone, Goldman Sachs, Insight Ventures, Bridgewater, and Goodwin
- Co-Founder and CEO Beth Haggerty is an experienced entrepreneur with previous exits to The Walt Disney Company, AT&T Corporation, and Nielson
- 88% estimated gross renewal rate on our corporate clients and 119% estimated net renewal rate (with up-sell)
- Currently offering 85+ digital courses by experts and 50+ executive and peer-coaching Pod community groups globally
- Total Amount Raised: US $530,000
- Total Round Size: US $1,000,000
- Seed :
- Minimum Investment: US $10,000 per investor
- : Convertible Note
- US $12,000,000 :
Corporate companies look to Declare to solve the gender imbalance in leadership as they cannot solve this problem on their own. Companies spend $53B on women leadership training per annum and $10B on diversity and inclusion, yet women are not ascending to leadership ranks. Only 18% of business leaders are women.
Declare is a premier leadership platform for women, advancing careers through content, community, and shared experience. Research shows the combination of these three elements accelerates the personal and professional development of leaders:
- Content: Declare's expert programming teaches skills critical to helping women harness their professional power.
- Community: Connection to thousands of women from different industries and experience levels amplify the learnings. Declare members are placed into curated pods to workshop leadership themes and further grow through peer-to-peer learning.
- Experiences: We offer catalyzing experiences such as intimate dinners, all community gatherings, exclusive sponsored events with select brand partners, and an annual Summit, which brings together leaders across an array of industries.
Snapshot of Declare Today:
- $1.9M revenue / $1M ARR in 2019
- 48 corporate clients from top industry sectors, including Goldman Sachs, KKR, Bridgewater, Blackstone, Apollo, Charter/Spectrum, and Lazard, SL Green and many more
- 88% gross renewal rate on our corporate clients; and 120% net renewal rate (w/ up-sell)
- 300 more companies represented by our individual members who join on their own and pay themselves or who are reimbursed by their company
- Growth has been organic, fueled by some earned media. Overwhelmingly it is driven (+50%) by referrals from current members
Investment between $10,000 - $24,999
- Declare Membership
Members Receive: Targeted leadership development courses held weekly, career management and success strategies backed by accountability, peer-to-peer mentorship in monthly meetings to boost confidence and help navigate clear paths to success, access to invaluable business development opportunities.
- Quarterly investor update
Investment between $25,000 - $99,999
All above +
- Access to individualized leadership development from executive coach
- Highlight in the Declare's community-wide newsletter sent to all corporate clients
Investment of $100,000 and above
All above +
- Annual meeting with founders and executive team
- 3- seat Declare membership
- Invitation to intimate gatherings with Declare thought partners
It is advised that you consult a tax professional to fully understand any potential tax implications of receiving investor perks before making an investment.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you complete your investment on SeedInvest, your money will be transferred to an escrow account where an independent escrow agent will watch over your investment until it is accepted by Declare. Once Declare accepts your investment, and certain regulatory procedures are completed, your money will be transferred from the escrow account to Declare in exchange for your securities. At that point, you will be a proud owner in Declare.
Preferred equity is usually issued to outside investors and carries rights and conditions that are different from that of common stock. For example, preferred equity may include rights that prevent or minimize the effects of dilution or grants special privileges in situations when the company is sold.
A convertible note is a unique form of debt that converts into equity, usually in conjunction with a future financing round. The investor effectively loans money to a startup with the expectation that they will receive equity in the company in the future at a discounted price per share when the company raises its next round of financing.
To learn more about startup investment types check out “How to Choose a Startup Investment” in our academy.
To make an investment, you will need the following information readily available:
- Personal information such as your current address and phone number
- Employment and employer information
- Net worth and income information
- Social Security Number or passport
- ABA bank routing number and checking account number (typically found on a personal check or bank statement)
Because Declare is offering its securities under Rule 506(c) of Regulation D, your status as an Accredited Investor will also need to be verified and you will be asked to provide documentation supporting your income, net worth, revenue, or net assets or a letter from a qualified advisor such as a Registered Investment Advisor, Registered Broker Dealer, Lawyer, or CPA.
Until a closing occurs, you may cancel your investment at any time, for any reason. You will receive an email when the closing occurs and your securities have been issued. If you have already funded your investment and your funds are in escrow, your funds will be promptly refunded to you upon cancellation. To cancel your investment, please go to your portfolio page by clicking your profile icon in the top right corner.
Currently there is no market or liquidity for these securities. Right now Declare does not plan to list these securities on a national exchange or another secondary market. At some point Declare may choose to do so, but until then you should plan to hold your investment for a significant period of time before a “liquidation event” occurs. A “liquidation event” is when Declare either lists their securities on an exchange, is acquired, or goes bankrupt.
You can return to SeedInvest at any time to view your portfolio of investments and obtain a summary statement.
This is Declare's fundraising profile page, where you can find information that may be helpful for you to make an investment decision in their company. The information on this page includes the company overview, team bios, and the risks and disclosures related to this investment opportunity.
This investment is highly speculative and should not be made by anyone who cannot afford to risk the entire investment amount. In addition to these risks, you should carefully consider the specific information and risks disclosed in Declare’s profile.