- Our clients include leaders in healthcare, wellness, and nutrition research, including Precise Telehealth, a major federal agency covering thousands of lives (confidential), and another customer whose venture arm is also investing in this round.
- Notable investors include: Everist and Relevance Capital.
- Our team includes startup veterans and world leading experts in nutrition and lifestyle medicine: the chair of the nutrition department at Harvard, the Director of nutrition studies at Stanford, the Director of the Tufts Diabetes Reversal Program at Tufts Medical Center, and the Editor-In-Chief of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, amongst others.
- CEO Dr. Katz. was a founding director of Yale University’s Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center. He has authored roughly 200 peer-reviewed publications, many hundreds of health columns both on-line and in print, and 10+ books to date including leading textbooks in both nutrition and preventive medicine.
- Based on the company’s own research, user completion time for Diet ID is about 5 times faster than the standard Food Frequency Questionnaire (participants had a mean age of 55 with 75% being female adults and mean BMI status of obese).
- Total Round Size: US $1,500,000
- Seed :
- Minimum Investment: US $10,000 per investor
- : Preferred Equity
- US $6,550,000 :
- : US $200,000
Diet is the #1 cause of premature death and chronic disease, and costs the US $1.4 Trillion per year in health care costs and lost productivity. Diet IS a vital sign, but most health care providers don’t have the time, training, or tools to measure and treat it as such, until now. Diet ID, a digital health SaaS solution, has reinvented how clinicians can assess diet and improve habits within a standard clinic visit, saving 90% of the time and expense associated with existing, ineffective solutions. This is a $39bn market today, but as health care costs rise, the business case for prevention becomes increasingly undeniable. Preventing and managing chronic disease by improving diet will be the new normal, with Diet ID leading the way.
Since publicly launching in Q1 2019, Diet ID has proven product market fit by booking over $400K in sales, with clients in health care and wellness, both large and small. Many organizations have tried to improve dietary habits and have failed because of poor assessment methods and flawed, subjective guidance. No team is as uniquely equipped as ours -- our team includes the most cited and respected leaders in preventive medicine, nutrition, culinary arts, and behavior change. We are at the precipice of exponential growth, with a full pipeline. We are raising a $1.5M seed round at a $6M pre-money. We have a lead investor secured and more than half our round. We expect to be profitable within the next 3 years, with at most one additional round of funding. Measuring and improving diet will be a ubiquitous part of the health care workflow. Diet ID is uniquely positioned to not only capture the existing market, but catalyze its growth.
The first 20 investors get a copy of Dr. Katz's book, the Truth About Food.
It is advised that you consult a tax professional to fully understand any potential tax implications of receiving investor perks before making an investment.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you complete your investment on SeedInvest, your money will be transferred to an escrow account where an independent escrow agent will watch over your investment until it is accepted by Diet ID. Once Diet ID accepts your investment, and certain regulatory procedures are completed, your money will be transferred from the escrow account to Diet ID in exchange for your securities. At that point, you will be a proud owner in Diet ID.
Preferred equity is usually issued to outside investors and carries rights and conditions that are different from that of common stock. For example, preferred equity may include rights that prevent or minimize the effects of dilution or grants special privileges in situations when the company is sold.
A convertible note is a unique form of debt that converts into equity, usually in conjunction with a future financing round. The investor effectively loans money to a startup with the expectation that they will receive equity in the company in the future at a discounted price per share when the company raises its next round of financing.
To learn more about startup investment types check out “How to Choose a Startup Investment” in our academy.
To make an investment, you will need the following information readily available:
- Personal information such as your current address and phone number
- Employment and employer information
- Net worth and income information
- Social Security Number or passport
- ABA bank routing number and checking account number (typically found on a personal check or bank statement)
Because Diet ID is offering its securities under Rule 506(c) of Regulation D, your status as an Accredited Investor will also need to be verified and you will be asked to provide documentation supporting your income, net worth, revenue, or net assets or a letter from a qualified advisor such as a Registered Investment Advisor, Registered Broker Dealer, Lawyer, or CPA.
Until a closing occurs, you may cancel your investment at any time, for any reason. You will receive an email when the closing occurs and your securities have been issued. If you have already funded your investment and your funds are in escrow, your funds will be promptly refunded to you upon cancellation. To cancel your investment, please go to your portfolio page by clicking your profile icon in the top right corner.
Currently there is no market or liquidity for these securities. Right now Diet ID does not plan to list these securities on a national exchange or another secondary market. At some point Diet ID may choose to do so, but until then you should plan to hold your investment for a significant period of time before a “liquidation event” occurs. A “liquidation event” is when Diet ID either lists their securities on an exchange, is acquired, or goes bankrupt.
You can return to SeedInvest at any time to view your portfolio of investments and obtain a summary statement.
This is Diet ID's fundraising profile page, where you can find information that may be helpful for you to make an investment decision in their company. The information on this page includes the company overview, team bios, and the risks and disclosures related to this investment opportunity.
This investment is highly speculative and should not be made by anyone who cannot afford to risk the entire investment amount. In addition to these risks, you should carefully consider the specific information and risks disclosed in Diet ID’s profile.