Doctible, a healthcare technology company, helps practices acquire new patients, generate revenue, and re-engage patients using online and mobile channels. By building a digital layer that integrates with the practice workflow, the Doctible platform makes it easier for healthcare practices to grow by helping them reach patients online. It also provides patients a resource for finding quality providers and making healthcare costs more transparent.
What Doctors are saying*:
"Flawless. Needs little attention." - Heather Kim, Bay Ho Family Dental
"Love the ability to offer online scheduling!" - Dr. Quan Liu, Otay Lakes Dental
*The following individuals were not compensated in exchange for their testimonials. In addition, their testimonials should not be construed as and/or considered investment advice.
Doctible's digital health platform is catered towards the majority of healthcare practices that are understaffed and overburdened with manual tasks due to regulatory changes. The platform provides an all-in-one suite of solutions to automate many of the tasks that are either manual or time consuming, thereby saving money and time for doctors to focus on patient care.
For these practices, Doctible offers products in its healthcare provider solution suite that is tailored to automate and accelerate the growth of a practice in its given market through:
- Integrated technology that taps into a practice EMR/PMS to minimize workflow disruptions ensuring that there are minimal adoption challenges;
- Presence assessment that detects the practice's overall online footprint to identify gaps where the practice can be found by potential new patients;
- 360 view snapshot of select competitors allowing a practice to understand and compare their competition from: marketing techniques to pricing. There are not many companies that can provide a practice a deep insight into a competitor practice;
- Reputation Management –Tools for providers to increase their social presence, manage online reputation, and monitor their status thereby ensuring that when new patients search for the practice, they are shed in the most positive light;
- Schedule Management – Open timeslots on a doctor's calendar are lost revenue opportunities. Doctible's cancel auto-filler detects open cancelations and automatically allocates them to other patients to ensure the doctor's calendar remains full;
- Online Scheduling – More than 70% of patients want to book their healthcare appointments online and using the integrated scheduling solution, doctors can now offer a real-time look at their practice availability 24/7 right from their own website;
- Referral Optimizer – Addresses the gap when a provider needs to refer a patient to another specialist with on-site online referral appointment. This confirmed referral along with referral analytics helps a practice to understand their source referral traffic.
The idea for Doctible started when Doctible founder Ajit injured his knee and received a $1,300 bill for a MRI, despite having health insurance. Confused if he was being overcharged or not, he starting calling providers and found that the same MRI would have cost him $450 if he paid cash. Realizing that it was extremely hard to select a quality doctor along with cost information, he also found that doctors were struggling to attract patients due to the big change in the healthcare ecosystem. Thus, the concept of Doctible was born.
To get started, Ajit reached out to Leon who was also part of the Tapioca Mobile team that was acquired by Qualcomm. Having worked very closely with each other for more than 3 years, they realized they had complementary skills: Ajit focused on the business side while Leon built the underlying technology. Both of them bootstrapped for 18 months while building and testing the platform and knocked on many doctor practice doors to get feedback and start selling their software. Once there were signs of early adoption, they quickly brought in other members of the management team who each possessed the skills needed to grow the company and position it for growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you complete your investment on SeedInvest, your money will be transferred to an escrow account where an independent escrow agent will watch over your investment until it is accepted by Doctible. Once Doctible accepts your investment, and certain regulatory procedures are completed, your money will be transferred from the escrow account to Doctible in exchange for your shares. At that point, you will be a proud owner in Doctible.
Preferred equity is usually issued to outside investors and carries rights and conditions that are different from that of common stock. For example, preferred equity may include rights that prevent or minimize the effects of dilution or grants special privileges in situations when the company is sold.
A convertible note is a unique form of debt that converts into equity, usually in conjunction with a future financing round. The investor effectively loans money to a startup with the expectation that they will receive equity in the company in the future at a discounted price per share when the company raises its next round of financing.
To learn more about startup investment types check out “How to Choose a Startup Investment” in our academy.
To make an investment, you will need the following information readily available:
- Personal information such as your current address and phone number
- Employment and employer information
- Net worth and income information
- Social Security Number or government-issued identification
- ABA bank routing number and checking account number (typically found on a personal check or bank statement)
Until a closing occurs, you may cancel your investment at any time, for any reason. You will receive an email when the closing occurs and your shares have been issued. If you have already funded your investment and your funds are in escrow, your funds will be promptly refunded to you upon cancellation. To cancel your investment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, the company's name, the amount, the investment number, and the date your made your investment.
Currently there is no market or liquidity for these shares. Right now Doctible does not plan to list these shares on a national exchange or another secondary market. At some point Doctible may choose to do so, but until then you should plan to hold your investment for a significant period of time before a “liquidation event” occurs. A “liquidation event” is when Doctible either lists their shares on an exchange, is acquired, or goes bankrupt.
You can return to SeedInvest at any time to view your portfolio of investments and obtain a summary statement.
This is Doctible's fundraising profile page, where you can find information that may be helpful for you to make an investment decision in their company. The information on this page includes the company overview, team bios, and the risks and disclosures related to this investment opportunity.
This investment is highly speculative and should not be made by anyone who cannot afford to risk the entire investment amount. In addition to these risks, you should carefully consider the specific information and risks disclosed in Doctible’s profile.