- $5.8M+ total revenue since toddler snack launch in 2019 (unaudited) and grew toddler snack revenue 4.4x YoY in 2020 and 1.9x YoY in 2021. Expanded distribution of product line into more than 5,000 stores by the end of Q1 2022, including Target, Kroger, Whole Foods, Sprouts, Meijer, Giant, and others directly and via distributors
- Ranked the #5 national toddler brand by retail sales in the natural category in 2021, according to SPINS BIR, a leading data technology company focused on natural and wellness products
- In 2021, grew retail sales 134% YoY in conventional stores (Kroger, Target, etc), vs. 13% category growth (toddler, baby, kids), and 212% YoY in the natural stores (Whole Foods, Sprouts, etc.), vs. 13% category growth, according to SPINS BIR
- In March 2021, launched a new preschool snack line, Groovies, which rolled out into 2,500 stores nationwide, including Kroger. In November 2021, launched the adult version of Groovies exclusively on D2C
- Appeared on Season 10, Episode 13 of Shark Tank and generated significant press to date including features and mentions in The New York Times, The New Yorker, USA Today, Parents Magazine, Forbes, Inc., MSNBC, Fox 5 Good Day NY, and others. The company was also named to the Chobani Incubator in 2018, won the NFLPA Pitch competition in 2019, and was selected to the competitive Launch with Goldman Sachs entrepreneur cohort
- Total Amount Raised: US $245,837
- Total Round Size: US $2,500,000
- Series A :
- Minimum Investment: US $5,000 per investor
- : Preferred Equity
- US $12,800,000 :
Fresh Bellies was founded in 2016 by mom and former NBA marketing executive Saskia Sorrosa, who was born and raised in Ecuador and moved to the U.S. at the age of 17. Soon after having kids, she became hyper aware of the bland, high sugar and high sodium snack choices that permeated grocery shelves.
In response to the lack of options, Saskia leaned into her Hispanic roots to create Fresh Bellies, a line of healthy snacks featuring bold flavors and savory spices commonly found in Latin American kitchens. At its core, the Company’s mission is to transform pantries everywhere into an explosion of flavors with combos like Shroomtastic (mushroom, sage and garlic), Turn Up The Beet (beets, yellow onion, parsley and paprika) and its other savory creations!
Fresh Bellies products are manufactured in the US through its FDA/SQFIII manufacturing partners and distributed through UNFI, KeHE and direct. Its experienced and diverse team has 100+ yrs of combined experience in marketing, manufacturing, retail strategy and sales.
Customer traction has allowed Fresh Bellies to grow revenues by nearly 2x YoY in 2021, outpacing category growth and gaining market share every quarter. The company is projecting 3x growth rate in 2022 with the expanded distribution of its two new Groovies lines as well as its new toddler flavor Party like a Piña (crunchy pineapple with chili). While retail sales make up a majority of revenue, the company aims to boost its D2C business through high-impact brand marketing. Fresh Bellies forecasts profitability by Q4 2022.
Today, Fresh Bellies products are sold in over 5,000 stores including Target, Whole Foods, Meijer, Sprouts, Wegman's, Walmart.com and several others. The company plans to optimize both D2C and retail sales to continue to drive awareness, trial, and loyalty.
All investments between $5,000 and $9,999 will receive a 1 year subscription to Fresh Bellies tasting box.
All investments that are $10,000 or more will receive a Fresh Bellies branded tote (purple), 1 year subscription to Fresh Bellies tasting box, an invitation to a one-on-one roundtable with one of our celebrity ambassadors.
It is advised that you consult a tax professional to fully understand any potential tax implications of receiving investor perks before making an investment.
Please note that due to share price calculations, some final investment amounts may be rounded down to the nearest whole share - these will still qualify for the designated perk tier. Additionally, investors must complete the online process and receive an initial email confirmation by the deadline stated above in order to be eligible for perks.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you complete your investment on SeedInvest, your money will be transferred to an escrow account where an independent escrow agent will watch over your investment until it is accepted by Fresh Bellies, Inc.. Once Fresh Bellies, Inc. accepts your investment, and certain regulatory procedures are completed, your money will be transferred from the escrow account to Fresh Bellies, Inc. in exchange for your securities. At that point, you will be a proud owner in Fresh Bellies, Inc..
Preferred equity is usually issued to outside investors and carries rights and conditions that are different from that of common stock. For example, preferred equity may include rights that prevent or minimize the effects of dilution or grants special privileges in situations when the company is sold.
A convertible note is a unique form of debt that converts into equity, usually in conjunction with a future financing round. The investor effectively loans money to a startup with the expectation that they will receive equity in the company in the future at a discounted price per share when the company raises its next round of financing.
To learn more about startup investment types check out “How to Choose a Startup Investment” in our academy.
To make an investment, you will need the following information readily available:
- Personal information such as your current address and phone number
- Employment and employer information
- Net worth and income information
- Social Security Number or passport
- ABA bank routing number and checking account number (typically found on a personal check or bank statement)
Because Fresh Bellies, Inc. is offering its securities under Rule 506(c) of Regulation D, your status as an Accredited Investor will also need to be verified and you will be asked to provide documentation supporting your income, net worth, revenue, or net assets or a letter from a qualified advisor such as a Registered Investment Advisor, Registered Broker Dealer, Lawyer, or CPA.
Until a closing occurs, you may cancel your investment at any time, for any reason. You will receive an email when the closing occurs and your securities have been issued. If you have already funded your investment and your funds are in escrow, your funds will be promptly refunded to you upon cancellation. To cancel your investment, please go to your portfolio page by clicking your profile icon in the top right corner.
Currently there is no market or liquidity for these securities. Right now Fresh Bellies, Inc. does not plan to list these securities on a national exchange or another secondary market. At some point Fresh Bellies, Inc. may choose to do so, but until then you should plan to hold your investment for a significant period of time before a “liquidation event” occurs. A “liquidation event” is when Fresh Bellies, Inc. either lists their securities on an exchange, is acquired, or goes bankrupt.
You can return to SeedInvest at any time to view your portfolio of investments and obtain a summary statement.
This is Fresh Bellies, Inc.'s fundraising profile page, where you can find information that may be helpful for you to make an investment decision in their company. The information on this page includes the company overview, team bios, and the risks and disclosures related to this investment opportunity.
This investment is highly speculative and should not be made by anyone who cannot afford to risk the entire investment amount. In addition to these risks, you should carefully consider the specific information and risks disclosed in Fresh Bellies, Inc.’s profile.