- Raised $545,294.95 to date in pre-orders for patent-pending "Be. Brush," an electric brush that doesn't need batteries, cables, or electricity (currently in prototype stage)
- Revenue has grown 178% from the first 3 quarters of 2017 to the first 3 quarters of 2018, not including unearned revenue from "Be. Brush" crowdfunding (based on unaudited financials)
- Conglomerate interested in potential strategic partnership - currently under NDA
- Received praise from the design and technology market and featured in Fast Company, Uncrate, Entrepreneur, CNBC, and more
- From Q2 to Q3 2018, online sales grew 44% and retail sales grew 77% (based on unaudited financials)
- Total Amount Raised: US $35,002
- Total Round Size: US $1,200,000
- Seed :
- Minimum Investment: US $5,000 per investor
- : Preferred Equity
- US $7,000,000 :
- : US $1,200,000
Close your eyes and imagine walking down your local grocery store's personal care aisle. Do you see a toothbrush brand that isn't made of plastic? Even Whole Foods - the nation’s largest natural grocer, still carries shelves full of single-use plastic toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant sticks, soaps, razors, and mouthwash. There is an underrepresented industry in sustainable personal and oral care.
A recent global consumer study from Unilever revealed an overwhelming consumer interest in and commitment to sustainable products, as well as an over $1 Trillion dollar market opportunity for brands that can effectively and transparently market the sustainability of their wares. Unilever's own Chief Marketing Officer, Keith Weed quoted “Our research confirms that sustainability isn’t a nice-to-have for businesses. In fact, it has become an imperative.”
Goodwell Co. is attempting to change the fast-moving consumables market for the better, with products and technology that will improve and enhance the wellness of people and the planet. Goodwell Co. creates responsibly made products that are committed to incorporating natural, renewable and infinitely recyclable materials. We are dedicated to sustainable processes and practices that help enhance and empower the human ritual of personal care, through innovation, technology, and impact.
What Customers are Saying:
“Amazing products. My whole family has been using Goodwell Co. for a year now, and wouldn't think of using anything else!” - Kyle T.
“Beautifully designed, affordable, eco-conscious and great for my oral health care. Incredible products!” - Saul C.
**These individuals were not compensated in exchange for their testimonials. In addition, their testimonials should not be construed as and/or considered investment advice.
Goodwell Co. is all about leaving a legacy of good, which starts with creating responsible products to help and empower the future of personal care. Everything we create is 100% compostable or 100% recyclable, we never test on animals, we give back with donations as well as a percentage of profits, and we are proud to be an Oregon B-Corporation.
Proud to be: 1% for the Planet Company, B-Corporation, Never testing on Animals, Vegan, Carbon Neutral, 100% Biodegradable or 100% Recyclable materials, Single-use Plastic-Free, LEAN manufacturing-centered.
The foundation of our business is built on creating new, unique, different, and patentable solutions to everyday problems that have been taken as commonplace in our 21st-century lifestyle. Our solutions are a blend of physical ingenuity and technological advances that materialize in the form of a better, more holistic, and well-designed commodity.
- B2C- Our primary focus is B2C, for its high margins and month over month subscription cash flow security. Currently, we have 6,258 subscribers waiting for the Be. Brush to commercialize. This number grows daily due to pre-orders. Our website currently has 500 loyal subscribers. Each subscriber will have an average spend of $15 every other month.
- B2B- 97% of dollars spent on consumer packaged goods, such as personal care products, is spent at brick and mortar grocery. Even though our focus is B2C, we'd be fools to ignore the hard data. So, in January 2018, we hired a small group of independent sales representatives to take Goodwell Co. products to PNW territories including Oregon, Washington, and California. 7 months later, we have shown growth in brick and mortar stores including Erewhon, New Seasons, Market of Choice, Haggen’s, Green Acres, Mothers Market, and PCC. Our brand was also welcomed into lifestyle stores such as Urban Outfitters, Free People, and Anthropologie.
Between June and August we have seen our retail sales grow 66% and are on track to keep this pace through Q4 2018.
We have aligned with companies that do social good. Donations, giveaways, and humanitarian efforts are something we strive to be able to support. We have worked with, donated to, or are in talks with: Patagonia, MSR Impact, Clean Drink Adventures, Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, Rareform, Project32, 1% for the Planet, Boutique Hotels & Short term rentals.
Our latest product, Be. Brush, has both a design and utility patent pending in a new category of toothbrush, proprietary to Goodwell Co. for the next 20 years (if granted). Be. Brush has landed us in the boardroom of a global conglomerate quarterly meeting, travels around the globe, as well as dozens of calls with potential partners of all sizes and channels.
- Premium Toothbrush: Recycled anodized aluminum handle that is guaranteed for life, and a binchotan activated charcoal toothbrush attachment that is 100% biodegradable. Patented 2015.
- Goodfloss ™: our patented biodegradable flossers. Designed for portability, sustainability, and convenience. Put one in your wallet, purse or carry in your pocket. Design Patented 2016, Utility Patent Pending 2016.
- Be. Brush: Our patent pending hybrid toothbrush that works like an electric toothbrush, but without the batteries and waste. 80,000 binchotan infused brushstrokes at the perfect pressure. Patent registered 2017.
Our story starts in 2012, Patrick is traveling around the world looking for manufacturers for his Bluetooth speaker company called Carbon Audio. The scale of waste and disrespect to the environment that Patrick experienced in 2012 with mass consumer electronic product development lead to a career crisis and a year off.
The desire to problem solve and design inevitably lead Patrick back to product development with a new mission, to lead development and design with sustainability at the forefront.
In early 2015, Goodwell Co. was born. Starting off as a side-project while working at the globally recognized design firm, Ziba Design, Patrick met Goodwell Co.'s now Chief Business Officer, David Becker. The launch of Goodwell Co.'s Patented Be. Brush crowdfunding campaign in late 2017 put the company on the global stage, creating not just a new toothbrush, but a new category of toothbrush - the battery-free, powered toothbrush. Goodwell Co. is young and hungry, with a strong IP portfolio and the desire to disrupt an industry with future-proof technology that is better for people and the planet.
Some of our mentors include:
Tim Leatherman (Leatherman Tool Group): Manufacturing
Todd Ruberg (Simpactful): Strategic
ALL INVESTORS: Investors of $5,000 or more will receive a 1-year subscription to our premium toothbrush kit and accessory package.
GREEN: Investors of $10,000 or more will receive the above plus $100 of Goodwell credit and a custom Goodwell Co. team shirt.
BRONZE: Investors of $20,000 or more will receive the above plus a pair of our patent pending Be. Brushes with a 1-year subscription, and an extra $250 of Goodwell credit. You will receive your Be. Brushes priority alongside our Kickstarter Backers.
SILVER. Investors of $50,000 or more will receive the above plus an additional 1-year subscription to your choice of any/all of our products, plus a dinner with Goodwell Co.'s senior management (travel not included).
GOLD. Investors of $75,000 or more will receive all of the above plus an invitation to participate in regularly scheduled quarterly call with David and Patrick, founders of Goodwell Co., to talk product development and strategy.
PLATINUM. Investors of $100,000 or more will receive all of the above plus the invitation to participate in a private in-person meeting with founders, David and Patrick, as well as a personalized set of Goodwell products of your choice. Platinum investors will also have the chance to come to our headquarters in Portland, meet the team, see our manufacturing facilities and make your very own brushes (travel included).
**Early Bird Perk: Investors that invest before 11:59 pm ET on Wednesday, October 31st will receive a bump up to the next investment tier.
It is advised that you consult a tax professional to fully understand any potential tax implications of receiving investor perks before making an investment.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you complete your investment on SeedInvest, your money will be transferred to an escrow account where an independent escrow agent will watch over your investment until it is accepted by Goodwell. Once Goodwell accepts your investment, and certain regulatory procedures are completed, your money will be transferred from the escrow account to Goodwell in exchange for your securities. At that point, you will be a proud owner in Goodwell.
Preferred equity is usually issued to outside investors and carries rights and conditions that are different from that of common stock. For example, preferred equity may include rights that prevent or minimize the effects of dilution or grants special privileges in situations when the company is sold.
A convertible note is a unique form of debt that converts into equity, usually in conjunction with a future financing round. The investor effectively loans money to a startup with the expectation that they will receive equity in the company in the future at a discounted price per share when the company raises its next round of financing.
To learn more about startup investment types check out “How to Choose a Startup Investment” in our academy.
To make an investment, you will need the following information readily available:
- Personal information such as your current address and phone number
- Employment and employer information
- Net worth and income information
- Social Security Number or passport
- ABA bank routing number and checking account number (typically found on a personal check or bank statement)
Because Goodwell is offering its securities under Rule 506(c) of Regulation D, your status as an Accredited Investor will also need to be verified and you will be asked to provide documentation supporting your income, net worth, revenue, or net assets or a letter from a qualified advisor such as a Registered Investment Advisor, Registered Broker Dealer, Lawyer, or CPA.
Until a closing occurs, you may cancel your investment at any time, for any reason. You will receive an email when the closing occurs and your securities have been issued. If you have already funded your investment and your funds are in escrow, your funds will be promptly refunded to you upon cancellation. To cancel your investment, please go to your portfolio page.
Currently there is no market or liquidity for these securities. Right now Goodwell does not plan to list these securities on a national exchange or another secondary market. At some point Goodwell may choose to do so, but until then you should plan to hold your investment for a significant period of time before a “liquidation event” occurs. A “liquidation event” is when Goodwell either lists their securities on an exchange, is acquired, or goes bankrupt.
You can return to SeedInvest at any time to view your portfolio of investments and obtain a summary statement.
This is Goodwell's fundraising profile page, where you can find information that may be helpful for you to make an investment decision in their company. The information on this page includes the company overview, team bios, and the risks and disclosures related to this investment opportunity.
This investment is highly speculative and should not be made by anyone who cannot afford to risk the entire investment amount. In addition to these risks, you should carefully consider the specific information and risks disclosed in Goodwell’s profile.