We built Leafwire because the cannabis industry needed a safe, cannabis-focused platform to connect, share news, promote events, find employees and just simply network. Our goal is to build Leafwire to be a Linkedin-like platform for the cannabis and hemp business community.
Leafwire is a 'Freemium' model where members can join for free and choose to pay for some of Leafwire's premium features including advertising in our emails, advertising on the platform, Marketplace Listings, job posts and premium monthly subscriptions.
The cannabis business community has embraced Leafwire and we've generated significant traction over the last 2 years.
Member Growth - Since Jan. 2019, our member base has grown by 700%, with a current base of more than 36,000 members (as of Oct. 2020)
Engagement - Since Jan. 2019, our Monthly Active Users has grown by 400%, with a current level of more than 25,000 (as of Oct. 2020)
Revenue - Since Feb. 2019 (first month of meaningful revenue in our current revenue stream), our monthly revenue has grown by 500% reaching $25,000+ in Oct. 2020.
As part of our company roadmap, Leafwire intends to:
- Focus significant efforts on growing the Leafwire Job Board
- Launch Leafwire Premium, the premium level of monthly membership
- Add a ticketing functionality to our Events Tab to allow companies to create and manage events via Leafwire
- Build a Leafwire mobile app to provide all of Leafwire's existing functionalities, but also function as an Events App that conference organizers could use when hosting events. Leafwire members could then network with people, not just at home, but while at events and schedule in-person meetings via the Leafwire App
- Add a 'Vouching' functionality where members can recommend companies by 'Vouching' for them and members can see how many 'Vouches' a company has and even see who has 'Vouched' for them