- More than $2.7M in revenue to date with current MRR in excess of $120,000 (based on unaudited financials), with customers that include Intel, Amdocs, Nutanix, and SugarCRM.
- Current round led by Acorn Capital Partners, along with Hillsven, Partech and other angels.
- Participated in both the 500 Startups and Alchemist Accelerator programs.
- Metadata has been featured in publications such as TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and Huffington Post, and at events such as Digital Now 18! and SXSW.
- Total Amount Raised: US $1,752,535
- Total Round Size: US $2,000,000
- Seed :
- Minimum Investment: US $5,000 per investor
- : Preferred Equity
- US $13,000,000 :
Online advertising has become an increasingly important component of a healthy B2B marketing mix. It can result in a surge of net-new, inbound leads from target accounts, or renewed attention of an existing prospect.
Yet, setting up an effective omni-channel advertising operation can be a slow, costly, and complex process for B2B teams. Siloed tools, systems integration, and personnel required in the process can lead to poor, frustrating results for many companies.
An effective Ad Operations strategy involves extensive A/B testing, varying the target persona, time of day, and digital content mix to achieve statistical optimization. A/B testing process, however, is often slow, not thorough enough, and may not scale.
Metadata’s patented technology executes B2B campaigns, automatically optimizing them for pipeline impact faster than humans can, to help companies achieve better conversion rates.
With Metadata, one marketer can run thousands of campaigns in a matter of hours while testing a mix of content (e.g. whitepaper, eBooks), creatives, ad copy, as well as different channel and campaign types. Without Metadata, this process could take months, followed by the even more time-consuming optimization process.
Metadata cuts manual labor, improves ad spend efficacy, and automatically eliminates non-performing ad combinations, while funneling more ad spend to placement combinations that generate improved sales pipeline and target account penetration.
How it works
- Create an Ideal Customer Profile: Discover and visualize ideal customer profiles based on CRM data and use them to create lists of target accounts and personas.
- Generate Custom Audiences: Create lists of companies and buyer personas to target, using data from HG Data (technology install-base), Bombora (buyer intent), as well as demographic and firmographic data sources.
- Automate Campaign Execution: Drag and drop marketing creative (images, headlines), content assets (e.g. eBooks, whitepapers), and audience segments, and click Launch to execute hundreds of campaigns at once. No more UTM tags, A/B testing, audience uploading, or optimization needed.
- Generate Reports on KPIs: Monitor campaign performance based on metrics like pipeline generated, target-account engagement, existing pipeline impact and more.
As a software engineer turned into VP Marketing, Gil personally experienced the pain of unpredictable pipeline generation and juggling multiple marketing tools to streamline marketing ops. After Gil experienced first-hand the fragmented process of running multiple marketing tools, each silo-ed in their own functions, he decided to start to provide one place to provide a single workflow to connect of all the marketing tools together and put AI behind the scenes to better orchestrate the marketing stack for effective operations.
For the past 12 years, Gil and Moran worked together in three separate companies prior to Metadata (Matrix IT, Qubole and Cat-a-Palooza). Will Slota joined the company after a friendly introduction from Cisco (a customer) and the rest is history.
Investors will receive:
- Metadata goodie bag (shirt, "A/B testing is Dead!", mug, squeeze ball)
- 30% discount of our offering to qualified customers in their portfolios
- Invitation to Metadata investor calls
It is advised that you consult a tax professional to fully understand any potential tax implications of receiving investor perks before making an investment.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you complete your investment on SeedInvest, your money will be transferred to an escrow account where an independent escrow agent will watch over your investment until it is accepted by Metadata. Once Metadata accepts your investment, and certain regulatory procedures are completed, your money will be transferred from the escrow account to Metadata in exchange for your securities. At that point, you will be a proud owner in Metadata.
Preferred equity is usually issued to outside investors and carries rights and conditions that are different from that of common stock. For example, preferred equity may include rights that prevent or minimize the effects of dilution or grants special privileges in situations when the company is sold.
A convertible note is a unique form of debt that converts into equity, usually in conjunction with a future financing round. The investor effectively loans money to a startup with the expectation that they will receive equity in the company in the future at a discounted price per share when the company raises its next round of financing.
To learn more about startup investment types check out “How to Choose a Startup Investment” in our academy.
To make an investment, you will need the following information readily available:
- Personal information such as your current address and phone number
- Employment and employer information
- Net worth and income information
- Social Security Number or passport
- ABA bank routing number and checking account number (typically found on a personal check or bank statement)
Because Metadata is offering its securities under Rule 506(c) of Regulation D, your status as an Accredited Investor will also need to be verified and you will be asked to provide documentation supporting your income, net worth, revenue, or net assets or a letter from a qualified advisor such as a Registered Investment Advisor, Registered Broker Dealer, Lawyer, or CPA.
Until a closing occurs, you may cancel your investment at any time, for any reason. You will receive an email when the closing occurs and your securities have been issued. If you have already funded your investment and your funds are in escrow, your funds will be promptly refunded to you upon cancellation. To cancel your investment, please go to your portfolio page.
Currently there is no market or liquidity for these securities. Right now Metadata does not plan to list these securities on a national exchange or another secondary market. At some point Metadata may choose to do so, but until then you should plan to hold your investment for a significant period of time before a “liquidation event” occurs. A “liquidation event” is when Metadata either lists their securities on an exchange, is acquired, or goes bankrupt.
You can return to SeedInvest at any time to view your portfolio of investments and obtain a summary statement.
This is Metadata's fundraising profile page, where you can find information that may be helpful for you to make an investment decision in their company. The information on this page includes the company overview, team bios, and the risks and disclosures related to this investment opportunity.
This investment is highly speculative and should not be made by anyone who cannot afford to risk the entire investment amount. In addition to these risks, you should carefully consider the specific information and risks disclosed in Metadata’s profile.