- Splash Wines has been profitable since October 2015 with over $23mm in revenue to date (unaudited), 100,000 total customers, and 25 winery suppliers around the world
- Strategic relationships with NextHome, Vin-Go, Groupon, & Commission Junction
- Staples B2B partnership will launch in Q4 – opportunity to market Splash to Staples’ businesses customers
- 4.5/5 stars on Groupon, with over 9,000 ratings
- Over $7.0mm in revenue for 2018 through September – $1.1mm ahead of last year at the same time (unaudited)
- Total Amount Raised: US $85,500
- Total Round Size: US $500,000
- Series A :
- Minimum Investment: US $2,500 per investor
- : Preferred Equity
- US $15,000,000 :
- : US $500,000
The direct-to-consumer wine market is growing quickly in the U.S., but it can be difficult for consumers to find reliability. There are thousands of different labels, inconsistent quality, subjective pricing, and a lack of genuine customer service. Splash seeks to be that source of consistency, operating with a few basic precepts.
Launched at the end of December 2014, Splash is a national direct-to-consumer wine marketer focused on cutting through the clutter of a growing, yet confusing market. Splash provides members with transparent pricing, great value, and top quality customer service that they can trust.
The best part? It's working. Splash has realized early successes with year over year double digit revenue growth and profitability since October 2015.
Our Success in 2018
- $7.0m revenue through the first 9 months, $1.1m ahead of 2017 (unaudited)
- 60,000+ subscribed customers
- Average order equates to $95 in revenue
- Profitable since October 2015 (unaudited)
- Over 25 wine suppliers around the world
- Partnerships with NextHome, Vingo and Staples
What Our Customers Say*
- Spreading the good news!!! Splash Wines delivers. I love the surprises in the variety boxes. I have found wines I love that I would have never tried otherwise. Or the option of filling my case with my personal choices. You can't go wrong. Paul K
- Not my first order and won’t be my last! Great service and can’t beat the savings for such delicious wine. Christine W
- I love Splash Wines and recommend it at every opportunity. I'm delighted to be a Founders Member. -Pauline
- Great Customer Service and Great Wines – what more can we ask for? -Jessie
- You guys have amazing customer service and even better wines 🍷 -Asja
*The above individuals were not compensated in exchange for their testimonials. In addition, their testimonials should not be construed as and/or considered investment advice.
About Splash Wines
Of course, it has to start with the wine. If you can't get good wine to the consumer, nothing else matters. However, the average brick-and-mortar wine store and many websites can have a daunting customer experience. Thousands of bottles with only labels to guide you... many people share the experience of leaving a wine store convinced they've made the wrong decision. Splash is changing all that. We provide:
- A curated selection of fewer than 200 rotating wines from all corners of the globe
- An ability for customers to build their own case (wines start at $7 per bottle) or choose a rotating selection of seasonal curated cases ranging from $105 to $200 for 15 bottles
- Transparent Pricing: just 15% above our cost
How is Splash able to offer this value? It's because of our unique membership model (members join on a complimentary basis and migrate to a paid model at a low annual fee) that gives them access to the site with all its benefits. This gives our customer:
- Access to our inventory, curated from generational relationships with wineries
- Transparent pricing just 15% above our cost, making the wines competitive with any other vendor
- Shipping included with membership orders
- Membership starts at just $6 per month
Our membership structure builds retention and customer loyalty, including over 1,500 lifetime Founder members.Fanatical Customer Service
It is this point that we often consider our most important point of difference - fanatical customer service. Splash focuses on retaining the customer. We do this through:
- Weekly team tastings to increase wine knowledge- our employees are advocates for the customer
- Empowering all team members to solve problems without long hold or wait times
- Guaranteeing every single bottle we ship meets our customer's satisfaction
- Providing easy access to our customer service department through phone, email, or LiveChat
Whether it's helping customers find a wine or case to match their tastes, assisting delivery issues for a customer, or rectifying a bottle that didn't meet a customer's expectations, every Customer Service agent can and will make the customer happy.
It Makes A Difference
We believe these differences work for any customer, but particularly will help appeal to the millennial customer base. The millennial generation will be a crucial segment for the wine business, particularly online, and initial indications are good. Already, millennials are consuming more wine per capita for their age than the previous three generations and in our experience, as a generation ages, they tend to increasingly consume wine as the alcohol of choice. Splash feels that the customer driven approach is a key aspect in our drive to capture the hearts of the millennial generation and ascend to a market leadership position.
Our Business Model
- Complimentary 6-12 month membership with initial purchase
- Members pay a $60 annual fee– either in monthly or semi-annual installments
- 97% margin on membership sales
- Shipments to existing customers average $100.40 per shipment at a 13.8% margin
At Splash, we say, “wine is in our blood.” That speaks to our heritage. Founded by Rob Imeson in 2014, Splash is the culmination of three generations of passion in the wine industry. Robert’s father started the family wine legacy in the 1950’s and the Imesons have continued this tradition. Splash is the brainchild of decades of experience, including being in the Internet direct-to-consumer business as early as the late 1990s. Today, Rob is joined by three of his children, Jessica, Garrett, and Parker who make up the third generation of this pioneering family.
The perks include Splash Cash, which can be used the same as cash to make purchases in the Splash Wine store. They also include memberships, which mean access to the store pricing and free shipping. Finally, note the special perks for early investors:
- 5.0% back in Splash Cash--doubled to 10% if investment confirmed by Nov. 9 at 11:59pm ET
- One Year Free membership
- 3 bottles French champagne
- 5% back in Splash Cash--doubled to 10% if investment confirmed by Nov. 9 at 11:59pm ET
- Three years free membership
- 6 bottles French champagne
- 7.5% back in Splash Cash--doubled to 15% if investment confirmed by Nov. 9 at 11:59pm ET
- One Founders Lifetime Membership
- 12 bottles French champagne
- 10% back in Splash Cash--doubled to 20% if investment confirmed by Nov. 9 at 11:59pm ET
- Two Founders Lifetime Memberships
- 15 bottles French Champagne
- One winemaker dinner for two
$50,000 and over
- 12.5% Splash Cash--doubled to 25% if investment confirmed by Nov. 9 at 11:59pm ET
- Three Founders Lifetime memberships
- 24 bottles of French Champagne
- Trip for two to Napa Valley and dinner with Splash family team members
NOTE: Membership includes access to our prices, free shipping, 1% cash back on all purchases and exclusive offers for paid members. Founder's membership has a $150 retail value and it is a lifetime membership. It includes 5% cash back on all purchasers, exclusive offers, and a free annual bottle.
It is advised that you consult a tax professional to fully understand any potential tax implications of receiving investor perks before making an investment.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you complete your investment on SeedInvest, your money will be transferred to an escrow account where an independent escrow agent will watch over your investment until it is accepted by Splash Wines. Once Splash Wines accepts your investment, and certain regulatory procedures are completed, your money will be transferred from the escrow account to Splash Wines in exchange for your securities. At that point, you will be a proud owner in Splash Wines.
Preferred equity is usually issued to outside investors and carries rights and conditions that are different from that of common stock. For example, preferred equity may include rights that prevent or minimize the effects of dilution or grants special privileges in situations when the company is sold.
A convertible note is a unique form of debt that converts into equity, usually in conjunction with a future financing round. The investor effectively loans money to a startup with the expectation that they will receive equity in the company in the future at a discounted price per share when the company raises its next round of financing.
To learn more about startup investment types check out “How to Choose a Startup Investment” in our academy.
To make an investment, you will need the following information readily available:
- Personal information such as your current address and phone number
- Employment and employer information
- Net worth and income information
- Social Security Number or passport
- ABA bank routing number and checking account number (typically found on a personal check or bank statement)
Because Splash Wines is offering its securities under Rule 506(c) of Regulation D, your status as an Accredited Investor will also need to be verified and you will be asked to provide documentation supporting your income, net worth, revenue, or net assets or a letter from a qualified advisor such as a Registered Investment Advisor, Registered Broker Dealer, Lawyer, or CPA.
Until a closing occurs, you may cancel your investment at any time, for any reason. You will receive an email when the closing occurs and your securities have been issued. If you have already funded your investment and your funds are in escrow, your funds will be promptly refunded to you upon cancellation. To cancel your investment, please go to your portfolio page.
Currently there is no market or liquidity for these securities. Right now Splash Wines does not plan to list these securities on a national exchange or another secondary market. At some point Splash Wines may choose to do so, but until then you should plan to hold your investment for a significant period of time before a “liquidation event” occurs. A “liquidation event” is when Splash Wines either lists their securities on an exchange, is acquired, or goes bankrupt.
You can return to SeedInvest at any time to view your portfolio of investments and obtain a summary statement.
This is Splash Wines's fundraising profile page, where you can find information that may be helpful for you to make an investment decision in their company. The information on this page includes the company overview, team bios, and the risks and disclosures related to this investment opportunity.
This investment is highly speculative and should not be made by anyone who cannot afford to risk the entire investment amount. In addition to these risks, you should carefully consider the specific information and risks disclosed in Splash Wines’s profile.