- $590k+ of revenue in FY 2019, representing a 38% overall increase from FY 2018 (across all entities; unaudited)
- Notable clients include Château Margaux, Domaine Chandon, Cakebread Cellars, Wente Vineyards, and Opus One
- Achieved 41% client growth from 2018 to 2019, reaching 120+ total clients
- Served an estimated 30% of the Napa Valley market in 2019, with approximately 15k+ acres flown in that region
- Named one of the Canadian Innovation Exchange’s Top 20 Winners and received a Vintage Report Innovation Award
- Total Amount Raised: US $575,000
- Total Round Size: US $1,700,000
- Bridge :
- Minimum Investment: US $10,000 per investor
- : Preferred Equity
- US $12,000,000 :
VineView is an early stage, precision agtech company with an initial focus on vineyards. VineView has emerged as one of the leading global providers of best-in-class crop metrics and diagnostics, helping to optimize decision-making for growers of the $167BN annual global grape crop. We work with valued partners in the major wine growing regions of the world to provide our specialized vineyard solutions. We help grape growers leverage data science and remote sensing to increase the quality and quantity of their yield, enabling them to expand their use of sustainable farming practices. With its growing database of vineyard data, VineView is uniquely positioned to develop the next generation of AI-driven decision-support tools for global grape crops.
VineView has developed unique aerial imaging technology that can accurately measure individual plant growth and water status across large areas without the need for soil or crop sensors. Data is collected by dedicated airplanes or drones, with specialized imaging equipment, and analyzed using proprietary algorithms developed specifically for vineyard applications. Combined with local information about weather and soil, this data provides powerful input for growers looking to reduce cost, increase yield, and optimize farm inputs.
Unlike our competitors, our products and intellectual property are based on capturing plant-level (micro) crop detail at a regional (macro) scale—not merely a set of images. Our proprietary algorithms incorporate machine learning to break down the imagery into plant-level information that can be indexed and easily accessed for further analytics or passed on to other applications. This has made VineView’s suite of products the preferred choice for many vineyard managers.
For investments under $25,000:
- Exclusive VineView branded wine cooler
For investments between $25,000 and $49,999:
- One premium bottle of Napa Valley wine from one of VineView’s clients plus a VineView branded wine cooler
For investments between $50,000 and $99,999:
- All of the above
- Invitation to meet the founders and other investors for a vineyard tour and wine tasting event hosted in Napa
For investments over $100,000:
- All of the above
- Invitation to a personal lunch meeting with the founders in California and opportunity to experience first-hand how VineView’s aerial data is collected by joining our operations team for a flight over Napa Valley
It is advised that you consult a tax professional to fully understand any potential tax implications of receiving investor perks before making an investment.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you complete your investment on SeedInvest, your money will be transferred to an escrow account where an independent escrow agent will watch over your investment until it is accepted by VineView. Once VineView accepts your investment, and certain regulatory procedures are completed, your money will be transferred from the escrow account to VineView in exchange for your securities. At that point, you will be a proud owner in VineView.
Preferred equity is usually issued to outside investors and carries rights and conditions that are different from that of common stock. For example, preferred equity may include rights that prevent or minimize the effects of dilution or grants special privileges in situations when the company is sold.
A convertible note is a unique form of debt that converts into equity, usually in conjunction with a future financing round. The investor effectively loans money to a startup with the expectation that they will receive equity in the company in the future at a discounted price per share when the company raises its next round of financing.
To learn more about startup investment types check out “How to Choose a Startup Investment” in our academy.
To make an investment, you will need the following information readily available:
- Personal information such as your current address and phone number
- Employment and employer information
- Net worth and income information
- Social Security Number or passport
- ABA bank routing number and checking account number (typically found on a personal check or bank statement)
Because VineView is offering its securities under Rule 506(c) of Regulation D, your status as an Accredited Investor will also need to be verified and you will be asked to provide documentation supporting your income, net worth, revenue, or net assets or a letter from a qualified advisor such as a Registered Investment Advisor, Registered Broker Dealer, Lawyer, or CPA.
Until a closing occurs, you may cancel your investment at any time, for any reason. You will receive an email when the closing occurs and your securities have been issued. If you have already funded your investment and your funds are in escrow, your funds will be promptly refunded to you upon cancellation. To cancel your investment, please go to your portfolio page by clicking your profile icon in the top right corner.
Currently there is no market or liquidity for these securities. Right now VineView does not plan to list these securities on a national exchange or another secondary market. At some point VineView may choose to do so, but until then you should plan to hold your investment for a significant period of time before a “liquidation event” occurs. A “liquidation event” is when VineView either lists their securities on an exchange, is acquired, or goes bankrupt.
You can return to SeedInvest at any time to view your portfolio of investments and obtain a summary statement.
This is VineView's fundraising profile page, where you can find information that may be helpful for you to make an investment decision in their company. The information on this page includes the company overview, team bios, and the risks and disclosures related to this investment opportunity.
This investment is highly speculative and should not be made by anyone who cannot afford to risk the entire investment amount. In addition to these risks, you should carefully consider the specific information and risks disclosed in VineView’s profile.